Monday, January 12, 2009

My babies



Okay, so I know I have been terrible about blogging lately, but what can I say...I have two very busy children! The reason I finally broke down and decided to make the time to create a new post is all because of Jack. Sweet Jack...




I was getting dinner ready tonight and I looked down to see Jack giving Joey a bear hug. I was about to warn him to be gentle with her when he grabbed her face and said, "You're my best friend, Joey!" Oh my gosh, my heart completely melted!!! It was the sweetest, most sincere moment between the two of them and I felt so proud of Jack for being such an amazing big brother. And then, about two minutes later - she had been following him around - I heard him say, "Joey, I know you love me, but I need some time alone." It was pretty funny! It really makes me realize how precious (and rare) those special moments are between the two of them.

A quick update - Christmas was really nice. Kevin's sister came to visit and Jack and Joey loved playing with their cousins. Blade and Alli came home the second week in January for about a week and we were so excited to see them.
Alli looks so cute! She has less than a month to go and we are all anxiously awaiting the arrival of Baby Boy Schallenberger! I'm hoping to go down to San Diego when the baby is born - I can't imagine not being there for the birth of her first baby! I am so proud of Alli and I know she is going to be the most amazing mom.

Other than that, things are pretty much back to normal around here. We've had such a snowy winter (which I LOVE) that I'm looking forward to the springtime so that the kids can play outside and run off all their energy. But, with the way the weather works in Montana, who knows when the weather will warm up!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen,

What a sweet and touching sentiment for Jack to say of his sister. I truly miss my grandchildren.
Finally, a picture of Alli showing her pride and joy with her proud husband.
Your blog is a wonderful gift to those who miss you dearly. Your grandfather gets a real 'kick' reading 'bout his great-grandkids.
All My Love,
Dad

Blade and Alli said...

We Love you Jen!

I had an idea today, you should bring the kids down with you when the baby is born. I know it might seem crazy but leaving them behind with Kevin seems crazier. Yeah, that's a good idea I had!

Blade

Blade and Alli said...

Jen,

But serious we want everyone to come down!

Blade