Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Alli

Well, she's actually gone...whatever are we going to do without her???

The past six months have been so wonderful having Alli here. Jack and Joey have grown so attached to her and love her like crazy. Each morning when we come downstairs the first thing Jack asks is, "When is Alli coming over?"

Yesterday he asked me if Alli was in San Diego yet and when I told him yes, he said, "Maybe we can call her. I won't be able to see her, but I can talk to her!"

I am absolutely heartbroken to have her gone. She is absolutely my best friend and I feel like she's taken a piece of my heart with her. Watching her with Jack and Joey has cemented the fact that she is going to be an AMAZING mom. She is so fun, loving and easygoing.

I don't know how many hours she spent with Jack playing race cars, and she never once complained. She's probably watched every episode of Bob the Builder, Thomas the Train, and Fireman Sam. I cracked up watching her laugh at "Cars" with Jack. Even though she'd seen it a million times, she still giggled when Guido and Luigi fell over in their tire shop.

Everyday Joey would grab Alli's purse and pull everything out. I don't know how many tubes of chapstick Joey ruined by sticking her fingers in it, not to mention she always tried to eat her gum and ended up smelling minty-fresh for the rest of the day! But now our house is quiet and all that remains are the wonderful memories we made over the last six months. This really is a happy time since her husband, Blade, is coming home next week, but I can't help being a little selfish in my missing her.


Alli, if you're reading this, we love and miss you like crazy. You are such an amazing sister, aunt, wife, and friend. We are so happy Blade is coming home to you and can't wait to see you at Christmas. WE LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

Blade and Alli said...

Oh my gosh I love you guys so much! You are the sweetest sister ever, and an amazing mom....and I hope to a great mom like you here soon. I miss hanging out with you guys and seeing my Jack and Joey growing. Whats there not to love about them, honestly?!! They are so fun and loving and I wish that I could have brought you all back here with me!! I can't wait for Chirstmas break and to bring Blade back so he can love you guys as much as I have the past 6 months!